Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Rush Of Fools - Undo

 This is the theme song I’ve selected for my personal efforts with the read-a-thon and write-a-thon for the At The Crossroads. As I see these young men in the video, I think of the young homeless teens I’ve pledged to help. As they sing “I can’t do this myself” I think how true that is for teens, who are not old enough to care for themselves, and you don’t have the experience or skills to pull themselves out of this cycle of poverty and hopelessness. When they sing about “Standing at the door, praying you’ll let me back in” I think of the young people who have slipped through the cracks, and who are desperately hoping and praying that somehow, some way, they can be returned to the kind of safety and comfort so many of us take for granted. And I think that I could be the one to open that door to them. When they sing “Turn me around, pick me up, undo what I’ve become” I long to reach out to even just one lonely, frightened teen and show him that someone does care. I want to help him turn his life around, and help him to undo what he’s become. When they sing “Bring me back to a place of forgiveness and grace” I think of all he could have been, had circumstances been different and he’d been given a safe, secure upbringing. And I think of bringing him back to the potential for greatness and happiness that we all want for our own children, and restoring that for him.

I hope you enjoy this song by Rush of Fools, and I hope you’ll consider helping to rescue homeless teens from the streets of San Francisco by sponsoring me in the read-a-thon or sponsoring me in the write-a-thon.

Or if you can, please consider participating in the read-a-thon or write-a-thon yourself. Find out about the amazing work they do by visiting At The Crossroads.

enjoy: Rush of Fools - Undo

No comments:

Post a Comment